Monday, April 26, 2010

GARDENING

I was out in the garden again on Saturday.  I planted some more vegetables on the Gonzales side of the garden.

We have:

beans
peas
cucumbers
tomatoes
watermelon
yellow squash
yellow zucchini
strawberries
corn
habeneros
seranos
jalepenos
celery
red onions
chives

After the new seedlings were planted in the ground I covered each plant with a two liter bottle (bottom cut out and lid removed).  This is to protect them from the naughty squirl that keeps eating my plants and the added bonus of little miniture greenhouses to help my plants grow quickly.  Of course, I will have to remove the bottles when the plants become overly crowded.

I got a little sun and some sore muscles.  I am very happy with the work.

This coming Saturday the activity day girls will be working on their side of the garden.  Allisa has been dutiful about watering the gardens and the plants are thriving :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Makes me wish I had my own garden plot.

Trillium said...

Green thumbs do not come from my genes. Obviously they skip some generations. :)

Rebecca's Oasis said...

i just love plants - i think they are absolutely amazing

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...