Sunday, January 18, 2009

LAUNDRY BLUES

Well, my washing machine had taken a dump several months ago (about the same time I was having issues with the freezer). I have been taking truck loads of laundry to the coin laundry every week and have been hating it... :(

Yesterday, Victor had decided that he should take care of the problem since I have been losing time by doing laundry outside the house.

After contemplating where we should purchase a new washing machine and then driving to a couple of places we ended up buying our new washing machine from Lowes.

We went in determined to buy just a basic washing machine. Victor had is eye on a Roper with a plastic tub (I was not happy with that decision). I gave him a funny look and he said "WHAT?!?" I told him that I didn't want a Roper and I didn't want a washing machine with a platic tub.

We were looking at the Maytags and Whirlpool washing machines (they are the same company by the way). Our last washing machine was a Maytag; a Model T. When the repair man came he told us it would cost $600 for all the parts and labor. I had found out that the Model T happened to be a flop and that there is currently a consumer law suit against Maytag...

I wasn't so sure that I wanted to buy another Maytag... While we were debating over which machine to buy Victor notice a nice model made by BOSCHE. I had noticed it too, but I didn't dare ask Victor if I could have it. All the machines we had been looking at were in the $400 range. The BOSCHE was nearly $700.

The Lowe's employee working in the appliance department perked up and told us all the wonderful things about the BOSCHE washing machine... long story short: We purchased the BOSCHE and it was discounted by 10% and we were given a $50 gift card. Due to the long wait (45 minutes) to get the machine brought up to the front we walked off with another 10% discount on any next purchase... :)

I have now been able to wash clothes and towels and I didn't even have to leave the house! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Trillium said...

Our last washer & dryer purchases were researched on Consumer Reports online. Same with our last kitchen range. You can feel more confident in your choice, and then blame Consumer Reports if you get a lemon!

Jen said...

I miss my washer and dryer. It'll cost us $120 to put in a gas line to the dryer. We just keep using the ones upstairs. . .

Katscratchme said...

Ben and I acquired an extra Washer/Dryer set a while ago and intend to sell them when we get the chance. Too bad you guys all live so far away, we could sell them to ya cheap!!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy is longing to complete our set. We will have to wait until our washer goes out to buy another one, though. Expensivo...blah..

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...