Thursday, August 19, 2010

PERCEPTION

I have been doing a lot of reading.  As I mentioned in one of my comments to Christopher I read more than one book at a time.

In one of the books I came across a quote that intreged me:

"Perception... is a learned phenomenon.  The world you live in, including the experience of your body, is completely dictated by how you learned to perceive it.  If you change your perception, you change the experience of your body and your world."

Some of the ideas that followed this quote indicated that we should take the time to rethink some of our past assumptions so that we can begin to perceive a greater leasson or purpose behind all of our achievements, failures, or challenges. 

Taking the time to adopt a positive, curious, conscious, adventuring attitude will make our individual worlds begin to look as we would like them to look.

We can view the world in a positive way and not worry about all the "problems out there".

Just some thoughts...  what do you think?

1 comment:

Trillium said...

It's a truth. We can change our attitude and decide to see things in a positive light or a negative light. And act in the same way.

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...