Thursday, September 30, 2010

THE HEALING POWER OF CHRIST

I have spent a lot of time thinking about forgiveness; the atonement along with compassion and understanding.  I have reflected on the hurts and pains that I have been through and of those who have experienced similary pain.  I have plead for peace; compassion; understanding along with the desired companionship of the Holy Spirit and to have Christ's Healing Power manifest in my life and in the lives of those that I love deeply.

Normally, I would share my feelings and the things that I have read on my other blog, Tender Mercies.  I wanted to make sure that all my family and my friends had the opportunity to share in what I have learned because I know that they will benefit from the eternal truths that have been spoken and written by the Apostles and Prophets of the Lord.

Richard G Scott stated in his talk "To Heal the Shattering Consequences of Abuse":

"The beginning of healing requires childlike faith in the unalterable fact that Father in Heaven loves you and has supplied a way to heal. While an important part of healing, if the thought of forgiveness causes you yet more pain, set that step aside until you have more experience with the Savior’s healing power in your own life."

Some times we chose not to address repentance and forgiveness in a given situation because it causes too much pain.  I understand that feeling acutely.  However, when the situation(s) is addressed and repentance and forgiveness are allowed to happen we experience the amazing miracle of the Healing Blessings of the Savior's Atonement.

In July of 2005, James E Faust stated:  James E. Faust




"Christ is the Great Physician, who rose from the dead “with healing in his wings,” 6 while the Comforter is the agent of healing. Part of the healing process occurs as we worship through music and song."

I have mention before how music has been my therapy for most of my life.  As I really read the words of hymns and ponder on the messages I am often bouyed up and am strengthened to continue.

Aislyn and I talked one time after Sacrament Meeting and she shared with me that it is hard for her to sing some of the hymns because they make her cry.  I told her that she shouldn't be ashamed.  I further explained that her own mother is touched deeply by the spirit of the hymns; which I also believe is an inherited condition from my own parents... :)

I love James E Faust!!!  In 2003 he wrote the following:

"Healing the Inner Self:   The healing that we all so often need is the healing of our souls and spirits. Christ is the Great Physician who rose from the dead “with healing in his wings” (2 Ne. 25:13), and the Comforter is the agent of healing."

There is no reason for any of to not have the blessings of the Savior and the Comforter in our lives.  We each have been baptized and confirmed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints.  This is not a casual gift.  This is an active gift from God for us to partake of.  We should never be in a situation where we can't rely on these gifts and seek after the promises of a loving Heavenly Father through the loving Sacrifice of our Elder Brother, Jesus Christ.

I implore my brothers and sisters to seek after the strength found in the loving arms of our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.  It pains my heart and soul to know that there is sorrow and despair in the lives of so many people I know and love.  There is joy and peace in this world waiting for you to take.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:D

I love how the Atonement allows for every level of feeling and every type of person. There have been times when I have been unable to forgive, and I was comforted in knowing that eventually, in my own time, Christ would heal my heart, and once I was healed, I could let Him show me how to forgive. There was no rushing, or pressure. Just Him giving me what I needed to become whole again.
And it is comforting to know that the atonement isn't just for those with spiritual struggles, but those who go through physical trials, as well. There is nothing we can suffer that Christ has not also suffered, and we can find peace with Him!

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...