Sunday, June 13, 2010

FATHERS

In Primary we have been teaching the children a couple songs to be sung on Father's Day.  The first song, Daddy's Homecoming, is one of my favorite songs.  When I hear the children sing the song I see my own children running to great Victor when he returns home from work.

It's kind of funny!  My children learned this behavior from me.  When the kids were really little I would run outside and down the driveway to greet Victor.  I would wrap my arms around his neck and plant kisses all over his face.  The kids learned quickly.  To this day they all run out to greet their father.

This morning while reading the scriptures I came across a verse that struck home.

"And I said: Yea, thou knowest that I believe all the words of my father.  "1 Nephi 10:5)"

I was fortunate to grow up in a family where the gospel was taught.  I never doubted those things that were spoken by my father. 

As Nephi wanted to know more about what his father taught him; I have prayed about those things that were taught by my father.  My testimony of the Savior and the Gospel have grown because of the principles that were taught when I was young.  As an adult; a mother and a wife I have prayed for guidance and have continued to seek the advise of a wise father.

Fathers
by Dawn Ballantyne

"The father of our home leads our family
With wisdom's light in all that's right;
My father's good to me.

Fathers are so special with a very special love.
They watch us and protect us.
They guide us and direct us
Back to our home above."

Remember your father's this coming Sunday.  Reflect upon those things that they taught you.  Express your appreciation.

Fathers have a wonderful Father's Day!

No comments:

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...