Saturday, March 28, 2020

Another Adventure

My time is near for another adventure -
One where my life should have meant something.

I feel the sun on my face as I
Watch it set for me; possibly
one last time.

I hope I still have time to do so
Many things I haven't done yet.

The backpacking across Europe remains
On my list.

I wish I could still do that; with
Someone who would want to see
Europe too.

I think I want to spend a year
There exploring the space and nature.

Maybe I'll paint the Italian sky -
You know the light is different there.

Maybe I'll spend time at a Sicilian
Vineyard; learning how to grow grapes

And then learning how to make wine.
Maybe, I'll create a label; leaving
Something of myself behind.

I would like to explore so many places
Like Stonehenge; the Louvre, Kensington
Palace and Westminster Abbey.

Maybe I'd take you; the you that is
Most important to me; the you that
Fills my soul with light.

Maybe I'll leave this life as you hold
Me.  We'll be watching the Mediterranean
Sunset; with me cradled in your arms.

But, what will I be leaving?  Have I
Made a difference?  Will I be
Remembered after I'm gone?

Will you remember me?

I'll remember you; the spark of life
That you've given me.  I will
Cherish it and protect it.

I still have time.

I will leave my mark.

Another Adventure Storybook Link

No comments:

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...