Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Free Verse - Pain

I woke this morning to the pain; returned
I found myself weeping at its cost
I found the courage to rise and
Push through the pain.

I should have known; there were
Symptoms before the pain.
I ignored it; denying it; hoping
For another day.

I put my dance shoes on; my defiance
And hatred for the wheelchair
That sits in the corner waiting for
Me to need him - not today.

My reason for living drives and pushes
Me past the pain.
Yet shaking and weak; I am here today.
Pushing past the pain.

The day will come when I won’t be able
To stand, but I stand today.
I push through and work hard to finish
Everything I’ve started.

I want to leave my mark; before I can’t.

No comments:

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...