Monday, April 13, 2020

Piano Voices

Piano

I.

I know your mood each time
You stroke my keys
Your choice of signature
Metre and key
The Sonnet and the March
A steady beat
The Minuet and Waltz
O’ so complete
Your sadness swells among
The ebony
While happiness rises
Twinkling above the higher range


II.

Today your anger is pounded
Out upon my board and the thumping
Of the peddles releasing and sustaining
Your sadness of yesterday swelled
When your fingers glided across
The black keys of the minor chord
Tomorrow I hope that joy and
Happiness will join our duet and
Make a trio, plus a refrain

III.

You met me when you were eight and you loved me the instant you could make my heart strings sing.  You labeled every white key with masking tape; a map to the music played.  You took your anger out on me by pounding the keys and stomping on my pedals without leaving a single blemish upon my shiny surface.  I remember when you fell in love.; your hands drifted over my board as your fingers caressed the smooth ivory and ebony keys, dropping the hammers against my internal wires; almost like fingers stroking the strings of a harp.


No comments:

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...