Monday, May 18, 2009

GRADUATION!

In just a few short weeks the Gonzales family will have two graduations to celebrate.

Vincent is graduating from High School - that makes three high school graduates. And he will be turning 18 on June 4th!!!!!!!!! :)

We have not yet heard what he plans to study in college. His career goals have changed frequently. He does have a love for cooking (he wanted to be a chef) and we have had many lessons in my kitchen. He wanted to be a fireman and was going to have an interview with the Fire Chief (who happens to be our High Counsel Representative). Brother Tuitama was going to help persuade Vincent to go on a mission... :) He loves music and has thought about becoming a professional musician. He plays the bass... :) The last conversation I had with him, he had expressed interest learning some valuable skills to work on the oil rigs... Victor and I have steered him to Brother Bandy who actually hires for the oil rigs off the coast of California... So, here we are at the 11th hour and he still hasn't a clue... I'm sure he will figure it out.

Evan is graduating from Junior High and will begin high school at Rio Mesa next fall. He will also be going to seminary. How exciting. Evan will be taking all AP classes and has elected to take FRENCH as one of his electives and will be participating in CROSS COUNTRY for his PE elective in the fall. Evan's graduation is kind of a scary milestone for me. This means that he is growing up really fast and in just 5 years he will be going on a mission. YIKES!!!!

In less than 10 years all my children will be adults. That kind of scares me too.

I am very proud of my kids and I know they will be successful. I just can't believe that they are growing up already.

3 comments:

Trillium said...

Momentous times! The next few years will be a whirlwind! Hang onto your hat! :)

Katscratchme said...

How weird to think that you are in the middle/home stretch of kids at home, and I'm really just starting.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that exciting! I think Vincent will be good at whatever he choses. He's such a good kid! I got all nostalgic when you said Evan is going to seminary next fall...he is going to have so much fun! Have fun with all the craziness! :)

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...