Thursday, February 18, 2010

THE END OF DAY ONE

Well, I did pretty good with my first day until I got home.

I drank my juices; tea and water while I was at work and abstained from caffiene; chocolate and sugar :)

When I got home I had a biscuit; a tube of ritz crackers with cream cheese and then I followed it up with water :)

I didn't go exercise.  I got trapped by the television.  Vincent was watching the last DVD of the Lord of the Ring's trilogy.

So, after the movie I recommitted myself to do better tomorrow.

I made three juices for tomorrow and I will take a banana and a cup of strawberries to munch on at work.

DID YOU KNOW?

Day 2 of the detox diet allows liquid and fruit.  Although they often tastte acidic, fruits are generally very alkaline foods so they help neutralize the acidic waste that is produced when we begin to detoxify.  With their high fibre contect, fruits are also good laxatives and will help shift some of the estimated 3-4 kg ( 6 1/2 - 9 lb) of decayed material in the intestines.

That's amazing!  I'll let you know how much weight I have lost by the end of the detox.  It would be awsome if I could lose the 9 lbs.  I would then only need to lose an additional 40 lbs.  I have already lost 2 lbs this week just by cutting out hte soda, sugar and chocolate.

There are other many fruits that help with detox.

  • Apples contain a lot of pectin, which helps to remove toxins, and tartaric acid, which aids digestion.
  • Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelin, which helps to produce acids that destroy 'bad' bacteria in the gut, encourage the growth of 'good' bacteria important for digestion, and support tissue repair.
  • Mango also contains bromelin, and an enzyme called papain, which helps to break down protein wastes.
  • Grapes help to counter the production of mucus, which can clog up tissues, and cleanse the liver and kidneys.  Their high fructose content also provides instant energy.
  • Watermelon is a diuretic, speeding the passage of fluids carrying toxins through the system.
Additionally, when detoxing, use only organic fruit and vegetables if you can or you will be replacing some of the toxins you are eliminating with pesticide residues.

Have fun detoxing!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and pesticides are linked to making people fat. Something I heard on the news the other day. Weird, huh?
In my opinion, cheese is a waste of calories (as are crackers). One slice of cheese is 110 calories. That is the same as eating an English cucumber (the WHOLE THING), 2 carrots, and 2 stalks of celery. Yummy...

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...