Exercise is not only important for burning fat, it also keeps the body healthy by strengthening the heart, muscles, lungs andother internal systems. In addition, it improves posture, boosts metabolism, increases enrgy levels, improves mental performance and helps combat stress.
The idea is to be more active:
Increasing the amount of exercise or physical activity you do on a weekly basis will help burn calories - even vigorous housework and gardening count. Whenever you go out, take the most active route possible.
- Take the stairs instead of the lift
- Keep walking while an escalator carries you up
- Walk or cycle instead of driving short distances
- Park your car further than necessary from your destination, or get off the bus a stop early
- Do yoga or go swimming in your lunch hour