Monday, February 15, 2010

WHEN THINGS GET TOUGH

There are days when things just get almost to tough to handle.  Sometimes there isn't enough time in a day.  Sometimes it feel like the world and everyone in it is out to make you miserable.

Today is one of those days for me.

I can't explain why this day is any different from any other.  I just know that I have an abundance of work and I feel like there isn't enough time to complete it.  I feel rushed and disorganized.

When I feel like this I turn two little postings I have in my cubicle that seem to put perspective into my life and the moment I am in.  The first is a little quote that I jotted down while reading the book:  "Every Day Bliss for the Busy Woman"

"I am worth putting first in my life.
I am enough, just as I am.
Nothing requires me to go at light speed.
What is meant for me can never be lost and will always be there.
There is no need to rush; I can take as much time as needed for what is important.
I dedicate myself to exquisite self-care and the cultivation of everyday bliss in my life.
I am worth this."

For some reason this just calms my soul so that I can regain strength and new conviction to complete my given tasks.

The other is a scripture that has provided renewed perspective when I feel like my co-workers and peers are working against me or are just plain mean.

Colossians 3:12-17

"Put on therefore, as the elect of god, holdy and
beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness,
humbleness of mind, meekness,
longsuffering; Forbearing one another, if
any man have a quarrel against any, even as
Christ forgave you, so also do ye.  And above
all these things put on charity, which is the
bond of perfectness.  And let the peace of God
rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are
called in one body; and be ye thankful.  Let
the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all
wisdom; teaching and admonishing one
another in psalms and hymns and spirtiual
songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the
Lord.  Ahd whatsoever ye do in word or deed,
do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving
thanks to God and the Father by him.

Even at this moment, sharing this with you, I feel more at peace and am ready to return to work refreshed.

Have a beautiful day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. :) I love how Heavenly Father gives us encouragement to keep going. There is a quote I love: "As you walk through life, always walk toward the lught, and the shadows of life will fall behind you." ~President Monson.

Anonymous said...

Light, I meant. I don't know what lught is. :P

Trillium said...

"I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content ... I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me." (Philippians 4:11,13)

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...