Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Free Verse - I Dreamt It Once



I dreamt it once:
Gentle hands; fingers tracing lines 
From spine to breast.
Long deep breaths flowing across my neck
Lips lingering to trace the heartbeat there.
The world turning like a top; 
passion swinging, swaying.


I dreamt it once again:
Hands touching, fingers laced, holding tighter
A long embrace.
Warm waves ascending from deep inside
Where passion alone resides.
Heart racing, labored breathing, eyes open - 
Wide awake.


I imagined once:
You there, arms wrapped around;
Me securely in your embrace.
You leaning, me looking up into your eyes
Warm, soft buttery lips against mine.


I imagined it again:
You walked into the room; confident
I looked away - ashamed I dreamt of you that way
You came closer still; I could feel you near
Me hoping to hide - the shame I felt inside.


Every day I see you,
I dream and imagine it all over again.
I do not wish you to know,
But do enjoy these daydreams so.


One day you did not come,
My heart breaking - I wept inside.
I wish to keep you - afraid to lose the dream
My heart is breaking - I weep inside.

No comments:

Beauty Emerges From The Darkness

I have been pondering upon the things that I have heard, seen, and felt over the past several months, weeks, and specifically during the pa...